Visions & Views from a Visiting Voyeur

Loud mouth insight to the nothing and nowhere. Deep thoughts and questions that have no where else to go...

I love Rock n Roll. Music in general just sets my mood and takes me to a different place. I was chatting with a few peeps about some tunes earlier today. The subject was about Chicago. I think this band is an all-time classic rock band with a killer horn section and magic guitarists. Take for instance the song “Saturday in the Park”. That song just makes me want to get up and twirl around like a little girl taking in the sunshine and freedom. If you have never had the chance to experience it please take a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTFD1C4tVIg

Saturday in the Park – Chicago (on Youtube)

Did you feel it? See it? Yup the magical experience still happens every time. It reminds me of when I was little. We had a field that stretched between my house and the road that led to my grandparent’s house a mile away. When the grass was high and the sun played peek-a-boo in the sky, I would actually twirl round and round in that field soaking in the sensation. Sometimes there were castles to conquer or adventures to find. In the winter there were forts of snow to build and mazes to roam in. In one song I can go back to those moments and feel it all again. Who can beat that, right!

Another fun song that has me dancing in my seat is Rubberband Man. If I had a Friday song it would probably be this one. Who wouldn’t want to shake their tail feathers to that tune. Don’t believe me then check it out:



Rubberband Man – The Spinners (on Youtube)


I think I love the blue suits they are sporting almost as much as the song. Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle! You know you want to! Great tunes can just make my day! I hope these made yours. Ta ta for now…

5 comments:

Hi Chelle!
The problem I had was that the word verification square didn´t appere at all. I just saw the top of the lettres I would write but nothing else. But now it´s ok again!

I really like those songs You share today, but it has been to long since I heard them before.
Funny really how certain songs brings back special memories. There´s one old swedish song that makes me see my grandmother in her kitchen baking buns :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

I am glad you were able to comment. Yes I love how music and even smells can trigger the best of memories. I wonder if your mouth waters as well if you hear that song? :) Thanks for coming by.

Hi friend, peace...
Your blog very interesting.
I hope we can be friend,
If you willing visit my blog, and read my article at http://sosiologidakwah.blogspot.com
And... if you love books, read The Holy Qur'an please...

I wanted to thank you for stopping by and visiting me. Your subject matter was interesting to me because my son just recieved a kidney transplant this past summer. His sister was the doner and there was a lot more to it than just agreeing to give her kidney. Not just the many tests, but psychological counseling as well.
In the beginning...she wanted to control him, have him live with her and her family and oversee everything he did. She just couldn't let go of her kidney. She wanted to control her brother.
This delayed the surgery a bit..and he was beginning to go downhill fast..but the meetings went on. In the beginning he even refused her offer for over a year. Now all of her children are grown except the last one and he is in his second year of college. Her having children still at home concerned him plus he didn't like the idea of the responsibility of anything happening to his sister. Her family was hesitant also. Lots to be considered.
Everything was finally resolved...and has gone well..but if he is seen drinking even a glass of wine...a ripple goes through the entire family.
Lots to giving an organ..dead or alive it seems.
I offered my kidney but I was too old so I guess the age of the person wanting to donate is considered.
Interesting subject.
Have a wonderful day..:)

My playlist is all over the gammut (sp). I have 60's - 2010. I love the saturday in the park for getting up to do dreaded cleaning. Rubberband man.. who doesn't like this song. Excellent choices for todays discussion.
Tammy

Who is the better cook?

About this blog

This blog is a rambling of different thoughts, subjects and ideas. The world has many things to offer and what might be contained on theses pages is anyones guess. Enjoy.

Subscribe Now: standard

Total Pageviews

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Counter

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed